What better weekend to host a tandem rally than the weekend of the Ridgeland Fine Arts Festival?
Local residents and visitors across the country all enjoy the outdoor festival. Tandem rally participants will meet for lunch right in the thick of the Fine Arts Festival at the OBO Tandem Rally Tent.
Check out a few facts about the seventh annual festival:
The festival hours are Saturday 10 am to 7 pm and Sunday 11 am to 5 pm.
The Ridgeland Tourism Commission created the Ridgeland Fine Arts Festival to provide an opportunity for people from across the southeast to view and purchase some of the finest artwork created in the United States.
It is a family-oriented event designed to intrigue and educate even the youngest generation.
Over 80 artists will be represented from Oregon to New York including 10 Mississippi artists.
Twelve different mediums of art will be on display and for sale: Clay, Drawing & Pastels, Fiber, Glass, Jewelry, Mixed Media, 2D and 3D Art, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture and Wood
Fabulous outdoor setting to visit one-on-one with the artists to learn more about the art and works available for purchase.
Several ancillary activities and events will provide an even greater festival atmosphere to include all generations:
- The Children’s Creative Craft Corner – a partnership with MS Craftsmen’s Guild; hands-on creative activities and make-and-take art projects
- Walk About Wine and Beer Tastings
- Museum Micro – MS Museum of Art Satellite Space
- Student Art Gallery – Over 50 art pieces showcased from area high school students
- Music performance throughout both days –Southern Komfort , Young Valley, Vibe Doctors, Southern Halo, and many more.
Don’t forget to invite your other tandem friends to join you for this fun-filled weekend April 17-19!